A Title IX violation allegation on campus is not only a potential civil rights violation; it threatens the safety of everyone at a school. The climate of education has shifted to a focus on safety. Whether in an elementary school or on a college campus, sexual discrimination, sexual harassment, and sexual violence are violations of the Education Amendments of 1972. Starting with the creation of effective policy and ending with a prompt and diligent response to allegations, Title IX violations must be handled immediately and effectively.
When issues of sexual discrimination create an unsafe environment, academic institutions must take immediate responsive action. Whether it is more cost effective, time effective, or you are looking for an objective investigation, outsourcing your investigation to John Cutter Investigations (JCI) can be your best defense when confronting Title IX issues.
“No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrmination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.”
What Can JCI Do for You?
The challenges of ensuring a safe campus under Title IX need a solid foundation and a clear procedure to follow when a violation is alleged. Our staff can help you with any level of Title IX investigations, from review of current policies, and procedures, to an investigation of an offense. Our services include:
- Reviewing and redrafting of school-wide policies;
- Website policy review;
- Campus-wide assessments for compliance;
- Investigations into violations, with final report; and
- Adjudication of a case.
Why Use JCI?
Outsourcing your Title IX reviews and investigations can be the best way to determine the underlying factors contributing to the accusations. By engaging our firm your educational environment will get the benefit of:
- Currently certified Title IX Professionals
- Professional staff whose law enforcement, legal and private investigator backgrounds equip us with unique policy analyses experience, interviewing, researching, and investigative techniques.
- Objective, outside observers whose experience in other institutions can help strengthen your systems and policies.
- Expertise in security from professionals who have worked with the FBI, the Federal Department of Homeland Security, local and state police departments and other areas of law enforcement to help you ensure a safe campus.
- Decades of experience in most areas of compliance, security and investigation to ensure a well-rounded approach to the issues facing your campus.
- Options for how to resolve current issues, including how to comply with continually evolving law and regulations
- Options for how to interface with plaintiffs and respondents in order create an educational environment accessible for both during an active investigation.
Title IX accusations of sexual discrimination, sexual harassment, or sexual violence can happen at any level of education. It is vital to the protection of all students that educational institutions reduce the risk by creating robust policies and procedures that help with prevention and prompt and professional responses when an allegation is lodged. JCI has the professional know-how to assess your campus security systems, policies and procedures and provide outside objective assistance in any sexual misconduct investigations.
Call us today or fill out our secure form below to find out how we can help safeguard your campus so that it fosters an environment free of sexual discrimination. Why should educational professionals who are currently working at your institution perform duties that our Title IX trained professional staff can provide? We can help create a safe educational environment and provide a professional investigative service that ensures protections for everyone, male or female.